What Things You Should Not Do With Artificial Grass In Coronado?
Artificial grass is a great and low-maintenance alternative to natural grass, but there are still some things you should not do with it.
- Although artificial grass is very durable and can withstand wear and tear, it’s important to avoid using sharp or abrasive objects on the surface which could create tears or cause issues with drainage. This includes garden tools such as rakes, hoes or shovels.
- Ice melt products contain chemicals that can damage the fibers of your artificial grass by causing discoloration over time. To ensure your lawn stays in top condition try using sand instead, which both provides traction and won’t harm the turf.
- Pressure washers are not recommended for artificial grass and can cause permanent damage to the fibers. This is because it uses such high pressure water, which can break down the infill and dislodge the grass blades. A regular garden hose with a nozzle should be used instead.
- The use of metal cleats on synthetic grass fields causes more damage than natural grass due to its unique composition. Metal cleats have sharp edges that tear at the fibers and will eventually wear through them over time. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you use molded rubber or soft-plastic cleats when playing on an artificial field.
- Artificial grass is designed to be a low-maintenance surface, but it is still important to take care when moving heavy furniture across the turf. This can cause tearing and damage the fibers of the grass, so it’s best to lift items rather than drag them.
- Smoking cigarettes or cigars on artificial grass is not recommended as the burning embers can potentially start fires and damage the surface. Always ensure that all smoking materials are extinguished before leaving your lawn area and dispose of them properly in an outdoor bin away from any flammable material.
- Bleach is a harsh chemical that will discolor and damage artificial grass, so it’s best to avoid using it at all costs. Natural cleaning solutions such as vinegar or baking soda should be used instead for safe and effective cleaning.
What Should You Not Do With Artificial Grass?
Avoid using sharp objects, ice melt products, pressure washers, metal cleats, dragging heavy furniture or equipment on the turf, cigarettes or cigars and bleach on your turf.
Can Heavy Objects Damage Artificial Grass?
Yes, dragging heavy furniture or equipment on the turf can cause tearing and damage the fibers of the grass. It’s best to lift items rather than drag them.
Is It Safe To Use Metal Cleats On Artificial Grass?
No, metal cleats have sharp edges that tear at the fibers and will eventually wear through them over time. It is highly recommended that you use molded rubber or soft-plastic cleats when playing on an artificial field.
It is important to be aware of the things you shouldn’t do with artificial grass, as it can easily become damaged and require costly repairs. Taking care when moving furniture or equipment, avoiding smoking materials and not using harsh chemicals will help keep your lawn looking its best for years to come. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Coronado at (619) 313-5888.