What Are Considerations Before Purchasing Artificial Grass In Coronado?
Artificial grass is becoming increasingly popular due to its low-maintenance, eco-friendly and aesthetically pleasing features. However, there are various considerations that need to be taken into account before deciding to purchase artificial grass as it is a big investment.
- Before making the decision to invest in artificial grass, one must first consider the cost of purchasing, installing and maintaining the product. There are various factors that influence this such as the size and type of turf being purchased. Additionally, having professionals install your turf can help ensure long lasting results but will increase overall costs.
- Artificial turf is not impervious to damage from UV rays and should therefore only be installed in areas with limited direct sunlight exposure or where shade can be provided. If installed in a heavily exposed area, it will cause the turf to fade quickly which decreases its lifespan and aesthetic appeal.
- It is essential to ensure that adequate drainage is available for artificial turf before installation. Poor drainage can lead to waterlogging which damages the product and increases the risk of bacterial growth leading to an unhealthy environment.
- Preparing the surface beneath your artificial turf is also important to ensure long-term results as this helps protect against weed growth and provides better stability overall. This usually involves adding a layer of crushed rock prior to installation as well as ensuring that any existing vegetation has been cleared out properly.
- Artificial grass requires minimal maintenance compared to natural grass but there are still some steps that must be taken to ensure its longevity. This includes regular brushing to remove debris, using a hose to rinse off any dirt buildup and applying lawn fertilizer periodically.
What Is The Best Material To Put Under Artificial Grass?
Crushed rock is the best material to put under artificial grass as it increases stability and prevents weed growth.
Do I Need To Water Artificial Grass?
No, you do not need to water artificial grass – however, you should rinse off any dirt buildup regularly with a hose. This helps keep the turf looking fresh and vibrant.
Can Artificial Turf Be Used In Shaded Areas?
Yes, artificial turf can be used in shaded areas without issue as it will not fade quickly due to lack of sunlight exposure. However, care must still be taken to ensure adequate drainage is available for the product.
It is clear that there are various considerations that need to be taken into account before deciding to purchase and install artificial grass. From cost and sun exposure to drainage and maintenance, each of these points should be addressed in order to ensure successful installation and long-term results. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Coronado at (619) 313-5888.